Comment Moderation Policy (the “Policy”)
To ensure your privacy, please do not include any identifying information in the body of your comment (such as your email address or URL).
This is a moderated blog, which means that all comments will be reviewed before they are published. We welcome lively discussion and encourage you to take part in conversation freely. However, by posting to the Soundboard you agree to comply with all applicable laws and this Policy. We expect that participants will treat each other, the performers we discuss, and all directors, employees and agents of Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall (“MH-RTH”) with respect, and that comments will always aim, even when they disagree over matters of content, to make constructive contributions to our ongoing dialogue. Specifically, you agree not to submit comments, or comments which link to material, which:
• include lewd, offensive, prejudicial, defamatory, indecent, or inappropriate language;
• wander off topic, or are irrelevant to the subject matter of the post to which they are attached;
• infringe upon the intellectual property rights of RTHMH or others;
• pertain to an attendee’s personal experiences at RTHMH which are not relevant for Soundboard readership at large (e.g. matters to do with ticketing, refunds, etc.) – we are happy to address such comments via private email;
• defame, abuse, stalk, harass, threaten, personally attack or otherwise violate the rights of others or target the author(s) of a post rather than the substance of their opinions;
• are deemed to be spam (spam is defined as any repeated comment, as well as any off-topic comment, including commercial spam or comments not advancing the original post’s topic);
• include HTML, or any technological equivalent of HTML, as this is a means by which websites can sometimes be hacked maliciously;
• encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability or otherwise use this site in a manner that is contrary to law;
• transmits, links to, or otherwise distributes any information or content (including software) which contain a virus, cancelbot, trojan horse, worm or other harmful or disruptive component.
We reserve the right to refrain from publishing any comment which does not comply with this Policy, and to permanently bar any user whose comments are deemed inconsistent with this Policy.
Copyright of comments remains with the individual commenter. By submitting a comment to Soundboard you agree to hold MH-RTH, its employees, agents, and representatives, free from implication in or responsibility for any and all repercussions, damages, or liability that may result from your comment.
By uploading a comment to the Soundboard, you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of the comment grants) MH-RTH a world-wide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable and non-exclusive right and license to use, copy, transmit, communicate and publicly display the material in the comment for any purpose whatsoever.
You agree that any references you make to performers, performance venues, commercial entities, products, services, or other organizations or individuals outside of MH-RTH are provided solely for the information of those using the Soundboard. These references are not intended to reflect the opinion of MH-RTH, its employees, agents, or representatives, and do not constitute an official or personal endorsement thereof.
• While we try to post comments as soon as we can, during busy times this may take up to one business day. Please be patient if your comment does not show up immediately, and do not resubmit it multiple times.
• You are free and encouraged to include links in the body of your comment, whenever these are relevant to the content of your comment and of the blog post to which the comment is appended. Absolutely no commercially-motivated or extraneous links will be permitted and comments containing them will not be published.
• We will not edit or modify comments as submitted (for spelling, grammar, etc., as well as on matters of substance) in any way. If a comment adheres to this Policy it will be published precisely as you submit it.
• We may on occasion not allow comments on a particular post. If comments are not enabled on a post, please don’t attempt to leave a comment regarding that subject on a different post – such a comment will be deemed irrelevant and will not be published. Should you have a comment about a post on which comments are not enabled, please feel free to email its author directly.
• When participating on the Soundboard, never assume that other users are who they say they are, know what they say they know, or are affiliated with whom they say they are affiliated. Although we review comments to determine consistency with this Policy, MH-RTH cannot be responsible for the content or accuracy of any information, and will not be responsible for any reliance or decisions made based on such information.
Limitation of Liability
You expressly understand and agree that in no event will MH-RTH be liable for any damages whatsoever, including any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages, and any damages for loss of profits, savings, goodwill or other intangible losses, regardless of whether MH-RTH had been advised of or could have foreseen the possibility of such damages, arising out of or in connection with (A) the use, inability to use or performance of the MH-RTH Soundboard, or (B) any unauthorized access to or modification to any of your content or submissions, or (C) any other matter relating to the MH-RTH Soundboard, including without limitation, negligence on the part of MH-RTH.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless MH-RTH, each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, including all third parties mentioned on the Soundboard, from and against any and all claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from or related to: (A) your breach of this Policy; or (B) your use or reliance on, or publication, communication or distribution of anything on or from the Soundboard. You shall use your best efforts to cooperate with us in the defense of any claim. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you.
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time without notice and we encourage you to check back often for the most up-to-date version.